Thursday, July 18, 2013

2013 road trip - Days 6 and 7

Saturday and Sunday were the far point of our trip, a stay with my Aunt and Uncle at Maleny. Quite a few of my Dad's family have settled in and near Maleny, so it's a great place to get together with the James clan.

First we drove down the mountain from Springbrook National Park, by the alternative truck route which was somewhat less winding than the one we took on the way up. Then we headed for the Glasshouse Mountains, where Graham had a try at walking barefoot around the lookout. It was rather slow.

My panoramic photo of the Glasshouse Mountains didn't stitch together well, but it does give a sense of the landscape.

We reached Maleny around lunchtime but thought we'd better not impose on my rellies for lunch so we found parking in the town centre (quite hard) and ate at a café. On the way to their place we saw my uncle walking down the street - he waved to us so we continued towards the house where my aunt was at home.

Soon my uncle arrived and Louka inveigled everyone into making and flying paper planes after her favourite design. Graham won the flying competition, but my uncle's decorations were pretty impressive.

For dinner they'd arranged for quite a few of the relations to come round, each bringing something to eat, so there was a good spread and plenty of catching up to do.

Next day we visited another aunt and uncle who live near the Glasshouse Mountains to catch up with yet another aunt and uncle who live on Bribie Island. Louka sat and drew wolves for everyone.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home