Thursday, May 11, 2006

Another day, another outing

When I was made redundant (which was just what I wanted) I had a farewell/celebration lunch with the few remaining people in my team. But the team leader, David, couldn't make it; said he had work to do that was more important. Nor could my former manager, Tania, who retired last year and is now extremely busy. So we decided to get together for lunch again in our favourite work lunch venue, the Bayview Tavern.

Well this morning an email from Rob said David was sick and couldn't make it (again!) and worse, he was the only one of the team with a car. Should we postpone it? When would Tania have another free day? Eventually I realised I could easily pick them up in my car, so we decided David would just have to miss out again.

Louka was a bit upset at first, but after a nappy change and a small feed she cheered up and joined us in an enjoyable get-together. There's a baby change table in the women's toilets, so they obviously don't have a problem with under-eighteens in the pub restaurant - unlike Hotel Sweeney's in the city. We had a typically good lunch, then Rob and Anton had to go back to work. It sure is good being retired!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home