Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dinosaur!

Louka is keen on dinosaurs. When I suggested going to see the dinosaurs at the museum she pounced on the suggestion.

When she first saw the huge dinosaur skeleton she was excited and pointed out "dinosaur, dinosaur!" But after a while that palled, and she was more interested in the create-your-own-dinosaur touch-screen computer program, the short movie reconstruction of a lakeside scene at Lark Quarry in Queensland, and best of all, brushing the dirt from buried dinosaur bones.

Later, in the museum shop, she chose a mug with a dinosaur (promptly named Max) and a full-size huntsman spider, while I browsed the dinosaur books and chose one also based on the events at Lark Quarry. She didn't show much interest in the book, but when we got home I had to read it four times.

We spent maybe an hour and a half at the museum altogether, and I think we'll do it again. If I become a member I get free entry, but I'd have to go five or six times a year (or buy lots of museum merchandise) to make it worthwhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home