Friday, January 02, 2009

I'm a convert

Louka loves the pool, but she's never been able to let go of me where she can't reach the bottom. Fair enough. Last time we were at the pool I saw a little girl in a flotation vest manage to paddle to the edge of the pool. I looked around at vests, but none seemed quite right, and they had to fit properly. So Daddy suggested floaties. Well, I thought, if they don't work out I can still go looking for a vest.

Today we tried them out. After about five minutes Louka was perfectly happy to let go of me at the deep end of the pool. Soon she was able to kick and paddle herself from the edge to where I was standing, then back to the edge again. After half an hour she paddled right across the pool by herself. She was very pleased with herself!

Next time I'll take the camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home