Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers day breakfast

Louka and Graham took me out to breakfast today.

I got my present, the entertainment book, when I woke up, so I browsed through it for cafés open for breakfast. I'd heard No Ordinary Café recommended for kids, and it said it had plenty of parking, so off we went. At first, it seemed to be all booked out; the tables we saw had reserved signs on them, but on enquiry we were shown to a table in the back courtyard. Upon which it started to rain. It had been pleasant and sunny for the past few days, so the rain was rather unexpected. It started to rain on Graham's back so he pulled the table, chair and gas heater further under the roof.


Then the drinks and food started to arrive, and everything started to cheer up. The drinks were hot, the helpings were generous and tasty, and the waitress turned the heater up to full. In the end, we really enjoyed our breakfast. And just when we were ready to leave, the rain paused long enough for us to get back to our car without getting wet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home