Thursday, July 18, 2013

2013 road trip - Day 8

On Monday we were to head for home, but first my aunt wanted to take Graham to the doctor and to show me some of her favourite shops in Maleny. I was very tempted by her favourite shoe shop but the shoe I really liked was sold out in my size. So we just stocked up on groceries at the wonderful IGA supermarket and found a good saucepan at the charity shop to replace the evil boiling-water-spilling billy. There are some interesting shops in Maleny - I wouldn't mind living there myself for the shops and the environment.

We headed back through the Brisbane labyrinth and into NSW again, to Whian Whian State Conservation Area near Lismore. Up another narrow winding road, this time dirt, to another rainforest mountaintop. Of course Graham couldn't drive so I had to do it. I'm nervous on winding roads and dirt roads but I did get quite a bit of practice on this trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home