Friday, May 19, 2006

Around and about

At the end of my pregnancy, my blood pressure got very high, and didn't drop much for the six days I was in hospital after the caesarean, despite the drugs they gave me. For the next six weeks they gradually decreased the dose, then the following six weeks stopped it altogether. Today I had my checkup, and I'm fine - though Dr Love did say I should keep a close eye on my blood pressure if we decide to have another baby.

After the checkup we went to Macro Wholefoods to get some nice food to keep me fat (I've been losing weight breastfeeding, and my BMI is on the verge of being underweight). Bought some Pyengana cheddar and some Nairns ginger oat biccies. Also some veggies for dinner tonight.

Then on to Bunnings for birthday presents for my sister's twins, Max and Lindsay. What do you get for a nine-year-old boy and girl in Bunnings? Not a cordless drill: since they've recently moved into a house with a garden, Graham suggested some plants. Max might have preferred the cordless drill, but instead he's getting a punnet of snapdragons and one of strawberries, and a hand trowel. Lindsay's getting freesias and rosemary, and a hand trowel. I hope they enjoy getting something to grow, and aren't too disappointed that it's not a Nintendo.

And what about Louka? Well of course she accompanied me in her sling, and garnered the usual crop of admiring comments. What can I say? She's cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home