Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Visit from Grandpa Mike

Last night Louka slept for 9½ hours, woke up and had a nappy change and feed, and fell asleep again. She woke at around 10:30 or so when my friend Mike rang. He's probably my oldest friend (in terms of how long I've known him; I do have older people as friends!) and made a short speech at our wedding. He has two sons, and a number of small grandchildren of his own.

Mike had to visit somewhere in this vicinity, so he said he'd drop in and let me give him a cup of coffee in an hour. Louka spent that hour being very happy, and was playing cheerfully in her jungle gym when he arrived. She gave him a sweet smile, but it didn't last. By the time the coffee was made, she was crying. I thought with all her sleep she might well be hungry, and she did have a reasonable feed, but she didn't calm down till I'd rocked her to sleep. Mike and I had a nice coffee and a chat, and Mike commented that Louka is a very pretty baby. Even a doting grandfather can't deny that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home