Friday, March 16, 2007

Greenwich Baths

Some time ago, Andrea suggested that the mothers group go to Greenwich Baths. For some reason which I don't remember, I couldn't make it, but now that summer is over and the warm weather nearly gone, I thought it would be good to go there before winter sets in. Unfortunately Tuesday was cool so no-one wanted to go (including me!). So I suggested today, with the forecast top temperature of 33°C. But everyone was busy.

Oh well, Louka didn't seem to want a nap, so we headed off. The baths are right at the end of the Greenwich peninsula, an area I never visited while I lived in Greenwich. They consist of just a fenced-off little beach, with gently sloping sand and hardly any waves. There's also a grassed area and a little kiosk.

Louka wandered into the water, then I picked her up and carried her deeper. We did some of the things we do at swimming lessons, then she wanted to run up the beach. When she reached the dry sand she did a face plant. Now she was covered in sand, so back into the water.

Then we sat on the grass for lunch. Louka ate a whole jar of baby food, and I had a burger and smoothie from the kiosk. Louka kept trying to carry the kids stools from the kiosk down to the beach, but I brought them back. Then she played for a while on a rocking... creature of some kind. Then back in the water to cool off and get clean, a quick (cold) shower and then home.

She fell asleep as soon as the car started to move, and I managed to get her out of the car, up the stairs, and into bed still asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home