Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fishy

I've been reading quite a bit recently how oily fish is so good for us, so yesterday I decided to cook some fresh salmon. I'd found a simple but delicious-sounding recipe in a book about cooking for kids, so it seemed ideal. We all enjoyed it, and Louka gobbled down probably as much food as she's ever eaten at one sitting before.

She was restless last night, but I thought it was just because she'd been upset before going to bed. Wrong! Halfway through the night she vomited the whole yummy fish dinner all over me. While I cleaned up Louka and me, Graham cleaned up the bed. We stayed up a while until we thought Louka had finished being sick.

This morning, Louka woke up before either of us, bright and cheerful. She didn't eat much breakfast, but then she often doesn't. We decided to go for a drive to Garigal National Park, but when we got there Louka had fallen asleep. So we drove up the coast a bit and stopped at Long Reef where Louka woke up and went for a walk on the beach. We saw some pelicans that allowed us to get quite close to them. But after that she wanted to go home.



Update: On Monday night I woke up vomiting and with diarrhoea too. I felt weak and achey all Tuesday, then Graham came down with it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home