Monday, October 20, 2008

Lunch with Carmel and Suzanne

It's been ages since Louka and I saw Carmel, and I haven't seen Suzanne since Louka was born. Pretty shocking, I admit. But now the two of them are working at opposite ends of the Devonshire St tunnel, and when they got together for lunch, they invited us too. We met in front of Basement Books, which was a good idea as I got Louka there half-an-hour early, not knowing how long it would take. But there were plenty of kids' books to read, which kept us occupied.

It's possibly not the greatest place to eat, but there were a couple of food-hall-type places, so while Carmel and Suzanne had Asian food, Louka and I shared a chicken burger and chips. I did have to go back for a second helping of chips.

Louka was happy sitting and eating, and sometimes getting up to spin round and round until she was dizzy, so I was able to have some chat until the others had to go back to work. At which point Louka started getting that bowel-movement expression on her face. She admitted she needed to do a poo-poo, so that hastened the breaking up. Then we went searching for a toilet. None near the food outlets (that we could find), none at the Devonshire St end of Central Station. So we walked around to the city end, and Louka had managed to hang on! Hooray for Louka!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home