Saturday, October 11, 2008

When is she going to toilet train?

Despite early successes, Louka just isn't toilet trained. She's good for poos, but just doesn't seem to "get" the wee thing. So I thought I'd try something new. Thinking back, she was mostly in training pants at the time she was doing well. Not because I was trying to toilet train her at that time, but because they were easier to put on a struggling toddler. Then she grew out of them, and became more amenable to nappies, so we put her in disposables.

So yesterday, I visited Marnie who makes various baby and toddler pants. She walked me through making pocket pants - waterproof pants you can stuff with a bit of absorbent cloth like a washer. I was concerned about how Louka would manage while I concentrated on sewing for hours, but she had no trouble amusing herself with Marnie's girls' toys. In fact, Marnie said she was "a delight".

I left with two pairs, plus the pattern. Now it's just a matter of making a few more at home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home