Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Cupcakes

I've been thinking about what cake to make for Louka's third birthday, and had seen this recipe on the Grab Your Fork website. Today Graham had to work late shift (noon till 9pm) so he had the morning at home, and thought Louka might enjoy making cupcakes. And we had some overripe bananas.

Louka's contribution was small but critical - she carefully put a paper patty pan in each hole in the muffin tray - and Graham and I shared the rest of the work. Louka was interested in seeing them rise in the oven, and good about not touching the hot oven.

When they came out they were towering, but did sink a bit. I'll have to use a thick icing if I do use these for birthday cakes. This time I didn't bother icing them at all. We managed to wait till they were slightly cooled, then hoed in. They are delicious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home