Friday, February 13, 2009

Without me

Today, for the first time since we took her home from hospital, Louka spent several hours without me. (I went to a members' function at the museum, to see their new building. It was fascinating, and I could have spent twice as long there.)

At 3:30pm I dropped Louka off with Graham at his work. He took her to see some of her co-workers and I headed off to the museum. At about 4:15 I got a text message that she was asleep (she'd fallen asleep in Graham's arms in the train home). So I enjoyed myself till ten past six, then thought I ought to head home. I rang Graham and found Louka had been very upset, but was just beginning to calm down.

When I got home, Graham and Louka were sitting at the table looking at a book - John Brown, Rose and the Midnight Cat. She didn't even turn round when I came in. She did tell me later that she'd cried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home