Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Warm winter's day

This morning was bright and sunny and I tried to entice Louka to the park, but she was engrossed in her Lego and paper and scissors. I had to go to the doctor at quarter to twelve so we eventually got out. The doctor's waiting room was very warm and we had to wait quite a while. By the time we came out Louka had flushed red cheeks and complained of the heat. So I took off her long-sleeved t-shirt and let her wear just a singlet.

I'd packed some sandwiches and apple, and since Louka preferred a bushwalk to the park, we ate them at the table in the reserve. Then we walked along the tracks, finding a bamboo grove I'd never seen before (according to Louka, a panda was living there). Then Louka remembered that there is a playground in the reserve, so we headed in that direction and played there for a while before heading home.


I checked Weatherzone when we got home, and the maximum temperature had been 24.6°C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home