Friday, February 05, 2010

First day of kindy

Louka was eager to start kindergarten, and she does seem to be getting a lot more independent. She was supposed to start last week, but I forgot until they rang me to see if she was still coming.

We arrived a little late today, but not much later than many others. Louka was ready to run off and start playing before I knew quite what we were supposed to do. I had to ask for a bye-bye kiss.

I headed to the house to do some kitchen building, then returned to pick her up at 2:30, as suggested by the teacher. There didn't seem to be any kids there! I was concerned I was late, but in fact they were all in the second room having a rest. Louka collected her shoes and bag and I chatted to the teacher. She said Louka was confident and social, but had growled at her when she gave instructions. I wasn't all that surprised.

Louka told me she'd had lots of fun and the teachers were nice, and gave me a picture she'd drawn. She chatted about half way home in the car, but eventually succumbed to sleep after her big day.


before


after

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home