Friday, May 26, 2006

Slow day at home

After such a big day yesterday, we needed to take it easy. So I did some sewing (have to sew the hem of my dress, then it's done, hooray!) some ironing and some cooking. I was at home when the parcel delivery man turned up with the wool I'd ordered from the Wool Shack to make pants for Louka. Then Louka had a big sleep and a big feed, and was awake and cheerful when I went to get my usual pane di casa bread roll from Bakers Delight. Jennifer in the shop had never seen Louka awake before, so Louka put on her best smiles.

Louka's definitely getting more alert and able to do things. She plays in her jungle gym on her own sometimes (only for a few minutes!), she grabs things, she smiles at people more, and she keeps trying, unsuccessfully, to say "hello". She also tries to stand up - she can take her weight on her legs, but she can't balance for peanuts.

By the way, I discovered yesterday that shopping is good for you! Last weekend, Willoughby council put on a "smart transport" show. The council was giving away pedometers with the injunction to walk 10,000 steps a day for an active lifestyle. In town yesterday I walked 14,000-odd steps. In contrast, today I've walked less than 600 steps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home