Thursday, September 14, 2006

Visiting Grandpa Mike

For the last couple of days Louka has been able to raise herself on her hands and knees. She can stay that way longer every day before collapsing onto her tummy. And this morning she managed to move each knee forward in that posture.

Yesterday we had been getting ready to visit my friend Mike when Louka had her accident. So this afternoon we paid a deferred visit. Mike's partner Clare was just leaving for the dentist when we arrived, so she just got to say "hello, goodbye" to Louka. Then Mike made me a cup of coffee and introduced us to his two dogs. We sat out in the back garden and had a good chat. Just as it was time to leave, Clare returned and said "hello, goodbye" again.

I wanted to go home via the Wakehurst Parkway, rather than via Mosman, so I put that into the GPS. However, it then kept telling me to go further and further north. By this time I was a bit lost, so I could only go the way it suggested. Eventually it told me to turn off the north road, but now by the time I got to the Pacific Highway it was peak hour and the traffic was crawling. It took us about an hour to get home! Oh well, I'll try to get it right next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home