Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Crawling

This morning the mothers' group planned to get together in the park, and for once the weather was warm and sunny. I was looking forward to letting Louka play outdoors with the other babies. As usual she fell asleep about an hour after breakfast, so she shouldn't be grumpy... but then she was still asleep at 10:30 when I planned to leave. She was still asleep at 11. Still asleep at 12. She woke at 12:10 and wanted a feed. By the time I'd fed her, changed her, caught the train to Chatswood and walked to Beauchamp Park, it was after 1 o'clock. Of course the rest of the group was long gone.

Oh well, it's a lovely park. I laid out Louka's rug and put her on it. She promptly dragged it aside to get at the dead leaves thickly carpeting the grass. She quickly had a big crackly one in her mouth. As fast as I removed them from her hands, she had more. So I tried giving her lunch to distract her. No, not interested. Never mind, lets try out the swings and slide. They're good fun.

As we walked away, a tiny, fluffy, white dog came trotting up to us. I knelt down to let Louka have a better look, and she reached out to put her fingers on the dog's face... and in its mouth. The dog gave her a good lick, then trotted back to its owners.

When we got home, I put her on the floor with some toys, and turned to check my email. Turned around to see she'd crawled halfway across the room! Rang Graham to tell him the exciting news. She did it once more before Graham got home, then crawled to us when he got home and put her on the floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home