Thursday, October 05, 2006

Giving a dinner

Graham had asked his former manager round for dinner last night, and I was dreading how it would go. He helped me start dinner (roast pork) before he left for work, so I just had to turn the oven on when I got home in the afternoon.

Keith turned up with Graham before I expected, bearing a bottle of Moët! Which for some reason really upset Louka. I gave her a little comfort feed and put the champagne in the fridge, and she made friends with Keith.


From then on all went well. The roast was excellent, and so was the bottle of 1991 shiraz I'd been "cellaring" under the bed. The chocolate ice-cream I'd made on the weekend was rich and delicious, and we were all enjoying ourselves when Louka started to get upset again. But surprisingly she went to sleep and it didn't take long for me to leave her in bed and rejoin the others. She woke once, for a few minutes, then slept again till we'd finished washing up and joined her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home