Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bake a cake

This morning Louka wanted to bake a cake. We went to the park first, for mothers group, then when we got home she watched Play School. However, when that was over, she reverted to wanting to bake a cake.

I looked through an old children's cookbook I had as a child, and found a basic cake recipe in a very small quantity (for fairy cakes). I washed and Louka wiped the cake tins she'd received from the mothers group birthday party. Then I showed her how to butter the insides of the tins (and finished it off for her), and measured out the ingredients, and she mixed them. We decided to add a little pink food colouring and some frozen raspberries for fun. Then she spooned the mixture into the tin (and I finished it off for her).

She put on the oven mitts and very carefully put the tin in the oven. It took a lot longer to cook as a single cake, but eventually, out it came, and it looked pretty good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home