Sunday, October 25, 2009

Little batgirl

Today we went to Bunnings to get some Colorbond colour-matched paint for the house. On Saturday mornings they have face-painting for the kids, so I lined up with Louka. At first she said she wanted to be a monster, but looking through the book of designs, she decided she wanted to be Batman. Or Batgirl, I suppose. Black is her favourite colour.


The young woman painting faces had a badge saying she was new, so I asked if this was what she'd been expecting to do when she joined Bunnings. "Oh no, I was supposed to be on checkout, but they said I was bubbly".

4 Comments:

Anonymous Auntie Josie said...

That is so cute! And, funnily enough, black is also Kofi's favourite colour PLUS he is obsessed with bats! Must be the Chow genes...

10:30 pm  
Blogger Liz + Louka said...

Hi Josie, I remembered that black is Kofi's favourite colour, though the bat thing might be new since we were there?

9:33 pm  
Anonymous Josie said...

Hey Liz, the bat thing's been going on for a while now, maybe two years? So he might have exposed Louka when we weren't looking!

Hope all is well (love reading this blog to keep up with all the happenings, plus checking out the building progress!)

6:15 pm  
Blogger Liz + Louka said...

Maybe I just forgot - I thought it was monkeys, but that could have been the previous trip. I'm not sure if Louka's choice of facepaint had to do with a liking for bats or more to do with her current ambition to be a super-hero when she grows up. What's Kofi's ambition?

12:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home