Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy fourth birthday

Today, Louka turned four. For the past week or so she's been asking "Am I four yet?" and "How many more days?". This morning when she woke up I greeted her with "Happy Birthday!" so she knew.

Last night she helped me make a chocolate cake to take to kindergarten. She also helped me decorate it with (rather nasty) red gel icing, fudge icing and icing sugar. It didn't look too bad (sorry, no photo). There was none left when I picked her up from kindy. Better still, she'd had a happy day with no crying or tantrums. What a great birthday.

On the way home we went shopping for her requested dinner ― lamb loin chops and cutlets marinated in yoghurt and grilled, with the marinade made into sauce. The chops and cutlets are because she couldn't choose between the two. We also bought the ingredients for another chocolate cake to take to my parents' place on Sunday for a combined party with me and my dad. Elin, Max and Lindsay will be there, so Louka will have fun.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home