Saturday, May 27, 2006

A milestone

Today is 12 weeks since we brought Louka home from the hospital, and 12 weeks since we hired the hospital-style bassinet for her to sleep in. In that time she's grown so she nearly hits her head on the top of the bassinet. And today they came to take the bassinet back. This afternoon Louka slept for the first time in her cot.

The cot is the one my sister's kids slept in, and my sister slept in, and I slept in, and my mother (Trishy) slept in. Mum doesn't know if it was new when she slept in it either. It's had several coats of paint and a new mattress, and Graham did a few repairs to the timber. Perhaps we should get the antique experts to value it.



Today is nearly winter, and grey and cold, so we put Louka in the outfit her other grandma (Graham's mum) knitted for her. It has multi coloured fluffy trims. It's still rather too big for her, but we took a couple of photos to send to Graham's mum.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see the cot being used by another Chow/James/Hicking/Tytherleigh! As far as we know, Liz and my mum Patricia used the cot when she was born in 1939, followed by her sister and brother. Then Liz in 1961 and me in 1963. I had my first baby girl Elin in1995, followed by twins Lindsay and Maxim in1997. And now, Louka is using the cot - they don't make them to last this long anymore!

4:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, Louka looks bigger than what she did when I saw her last. She's very cute! Nice cot! Love Lindsay

4:09 pm  
Blogger Liz + Louka said...

Actually I was born in 1962, not 1961.
- Liz

9:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home