Friday, December 08, 2006

Lunch with Alicia

Alicia visited me in hospital when Louka was born, but for some reason I hadn't seen her since. I'd forgotten she works in North Sydney, which is easy to get to. We had intended to meet last week, but I had a cold. This week my cold is nearly gone so we met at Milsons Point to get takeaway food and sit in the park.


I used to work in North Sydney myself many years ago, and remembered a good fish & chip shop I used to frequent. We considered Thai food, then found that the fish & chip shop was still there, so we both had grilled hake and chips. Louka had apple and carrot purée and a bit of my fish and a lukewarm chip.

Alicia had brought Louka a christmas present and allowed her to open it on the spot ― and eat the wrapping paper. It was a box of little wheeled trucks, a plane and a helicopter. She likes to give gifts that aren't "gender-specific" ― and I don't think Louka appreciates "girly" things, at least not yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home