Sunday, July 16, 2006

Nan Joyce's birthday

Her birthday was actually yesterday, but she hadn't answered the phone when we rang yesterday morning. Today she did answer, and said it would be fine for us to visit. (We're not sure how old she is; well into her nineties though.)

We went to David Jones to buy her traditional gift of chocolate ginger. While there we bought Louka an odd cloth book in the shape of a lamb. I also took a look at the new season's baby clothes. There I saw a delightful dress in a pretty brown floral fabric ― a change from pink. I looked at the label ― it was Collette Dinnigan! I wondered how much it cost... $79.95. Hmmm... and another very pretty Collette Dinnigan dress was about $109. I guess that's cheap for Collette Dinnigan, but too much for something Louka would grow out of within months.

Then we drove over to see Nan Joyce. She has trouble with her breathing in this humid weather, but was happy to see Louka (and Graham and me too). She was impressed with how big Louka has grown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home