Thursday, July 06, 2006

Vaccinations

Today was the day for Louka's 4-month vaccinations. We turned up early to the council building so as not to wait so long, and there I met Paula who'd turned up earlier still. She said she had a tradition of buying her Maya a treat after her injection, which I thought would be a good idea (at least when Louka gets old enough to understand). So after she'd had her needles, screamed loud and high enough to give me industrial deafness, and fed for ten minutes while we waited to make sure she had no bad reactions, we went to Babies Galore in search of a toy.

It's so hard to choose! There are so many things and I have no idea what Louka would enjoy. And then I saw Paula there having exactly the same difficulty. I eventually chose a turtle bath toy. She hasn't got any other toys in the bath, and it will go with the turtle in her little cloth book "friends of all sizes". And it changes colour if the bath water is too hot, which is probably a good idea.

Today someone commented that Louka looks like me. Admittedly she hasn't seen Graham, and most people think Louka looks a lot like Graham. Still, it was nice to think I look like anyone as pretty as Louka .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home