Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A day at Chatswood

Louka was born at the end of summer, so when I decided she needed a sunhat to protect her face from sunburn, none of the babywear shops had any. Of course the sun doesn't shine in autumn or winter. It wasn't until I was walking past the Cancer Council shop one day that I thought they might have one ― and they did. I bought her a cute little legionnaire's cap, which fits her perfectly and doesn't fall off.

I was walking home from Chatswood today and Louka got grumpy. Luckily she was in the sling so I could give her a feed, which cheered her up. But the sling tail covering her feeding dislodged her hat. I didn't notice it was gone until I reached Artarmon shops, when Louka fell asleep in the sling. I was so upset that I'd lost it, but when I started walking back to look for it I was relieved to find it just a little way up Elizabeth St.

When we were shopping on the weekend we looked into a little children's clothes shop in the Mandarin Centre. There was a photographer there taking free baby photos, so the three of us got down among the balloons and Graham and I tried to get Louka to smile for the camera. No luck. When I went back today I got a photo of a rather serious Louka. Graham looks happy though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home