Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sleepless in Sydney

I think our colds are beginning to take their toll. Louka didn't get to sleep till 11:30 last night, after feeding for hours. Then I got a tickle in my throat and just lay there suppressing coughs for ages. Graham is a bad sleeper at the best of times, and my disturbance kept him awake.

I must have slept a little, then at 3 o'clock my ticklish throat woke me up again. I got up to see if a hot lemon drink would ease it ― and of course as soon as I was out of bed the tickle stopped, but I made myself a hot lemon drink anyway. Graham got up and got himself a drink too.

The tickle, of course, returned the moment I went back to bed. I'd just got back to sleep when Louka woke up at 4:20. She'd managed to escape all her bedding: her sheet and blanket were kicked off, and her wrap was twisted in a rope round her neck (or at least her shoulders). Her little naked legs were kicking in the air. She fed for nearly an hour before going back to sleep.

Then we all woke up at 8 o'clock. Louka shows no sign of wanting to go back to sleep yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home